Functions in Power BI Dashboards, general functions, layout, design, tile, data alerts, views, QR code, data classification and dashboard themes.
• Dashboard contain tiles, we can pin a tile from a report, another dashboard, excel workbook, quick insights, reporting services and so on.
• We can use standalone tiles in dashboards using 'Add Tile' for images, text boxes, videos, streaming data and web content.
Data Alerts in Power BI Service :
• Set alerts to notify you when data in your dashboards changes beyond limits you set.
• You can set alerts on tiles if you have a Power BI Pro license.
• Only you can see alerts you set, even if you share your dashboard.
• Data alerts are fully synchronized across platforms.
Create a phone view of a dashboard :
• Tiles in dashboard are laid out on after another when you view dashboards in the Power BI mobile app on a phone.
• You can create a customized view of any dashboard that you own, especially for phones.
Create a QR code for a tile :
• QR Codes in Power BI can connect anything in the real world directly to related BI information, no navigation or search needed.
• You can create a QR code in the Power BI service for tiles in any dashboard, even in dashboards you can't edit.
Add an image to a dashbaord :
• One way is to pin an image from a report to a dashboard.
• Another way is to add it directly onto the dashboard using Add tile.
Dashboard data classification :
• Dashboard classification is required to raise awareness with those viewing your dashboards about what level of security should be used.
• You can tag your dashboards (using 'Dashboard classification tags') with classifications defined by your company's IT department.
• When a dashboard contains sensitive and secure data, it becomes mandatory to implement 'Dashboard data classification'.
Dashboard themes :
• Dashboard themes can apply a color theme to the entire dashboard.
• When you apply a Dashboard theme, all visuals on your dashboard use the colors from the selected theme (with few exceptions).